Moong Dal (lentil) - 1 cup
Jaggery - 2 cups (grated)
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp.
Cashewnuts - 1/4 cup
Raisins - 1/4 cup
1. Wash and drain the dal. Fry it in hot ghee for 2-3 mins. Keeo aside.
2. Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee and keep aside.
3. Cut 5-6 coconut rings and chop it further to small pieces. Fry it in ghee and keep aside.
4. Grate the remaining coconut and grind it with 1 cup hot water.
5. Drain and reserve the coconut milk. This will be thicker.
5. Again add 1 cup hot water to the ground and drained coconut and grind.
6. Squeeze the milk out and reserve in a separate bowl from the previous.
7. Add this second milk to the fried dal and pressure cook it.
8. In the meantime, boil 1- 1/2 cup water and add the jaggery to it.
9. Boil it till the liquid obtains a thick consistency. Pour this into the boiled dal mixture and stir well.
10. Cook for a few mins. Add cardamom pwd. and the fried cocunut pieces, cashews and raisins.
11. Keep strring all the time. Add the thick coconut milk and mix well. Remove from heat and serve hot.
12. It tastes great if eaten cold too.