Potatoes - 6 big nos.
Carrots - 3 cups (sliced)
Onions - 3 nos. (sliced finely)
Garlic - 1 cloves (crushed)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (chopped)
Cinnamon pwd, Cloves pwd, turmeric pwd. - 1 tsp. each
Tomatoes - 2 nos. (pureed)
Chilli pwd. - 1/4 tsp.
Salt and Black pepper
Flour for coating, Oil for deep frying
For Garnishing - 4 tbsp. thick cream and chopped fresh corriander leaves.
1. Cook the potatoes and carrots and mash them up. Mix salt and pepper to taste. Reserve the vegetable stock.
2. Form the mixture into small balls, coat with flour and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
3. Keep it aside. Fry onions in oil till golden brown. Add ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, turmeric and a little water.
4. Cook for 2 mins. Add the tomato puree and simmer till it forms a thick sauce.
5. Then add the stock, pepper, salt and chilli pwd and bring to boil.
6. Place the cooked koftas in the sauce and simmer for some time. Add the cream just before serving and garnish with